Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chadian Refugee Testimony

As you pray for Chad today, listen to the testimony of one of the approximately 20,000 refugees who have crossed the border out of N'Djamena, as heard by a BBC reporter:

"On Sunday, I saw men who were heavily armed coming towards the house. I think they were rebels.
I heard the sound of gun shots which was terrifying.
I ran to the window at the back of the building and managed to escape through it. I left my father and mother in the house. I ran and did not turn back.
I saw some other people I knew and managed to get a lift with them in one of their cars.
We saw a lot of fighting. Rebels were killing and shooting people. It was really dangerous.
I don't know what to do.
I telephoned my friend in N'Djamena and he told me that my mother, my father and my fiancee had all been shot.
I don't know whether to cry or kill myself."

Please pray for this man, and for the many others like him...

For the full report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7228376.stm

No comments: